Just Another Day In Paradise

----------------------------

Thursday, September 9, 2010

You've Got A Friend In Me!

For Ashers 3rd Birthday Party we decided to do a Toy Story Theme becuase he loves the movie and characters so much. This is Asher as Sherriff Woody and one of his best friends from church Blake, as Buzz Lightyear. Aren't they so darling together.

So I got this cupcake idea from a website and me and Alisha decorated them, they are the little green men from the movies. (Aka, LGM's.)
Alisha did Toy Story Tattoos on all the kids and it really was a big hit. Here is Ainsley's tat. We dressed her in all green and she was one of the cutest little LGM's you ever did see.

Asher and his Toy Story cake. Cute little man!

Shane decorated this scene of Andy's bed with Buzz and Woody on top.


Alisha helping Asher open up his gifts, with cousins Eli and Brynlee looking on.


After the party, Asher enjoying his goodie bag of treats.

Asher got a Buzz that can velcro around his neck and have a piggie back ride. I wanted to get him a Buzz or a Woody doll but they are so expensive in the stores. So one day this summer as I was going from garage sale to garage sale, looking at the usual g-sale items, lo and behold, there he sat. A Sherriff Woody doll. No kidding, just like the movie! There he was with the pull string and everything. I thought to myself, it would be so perfect if he had his.....HAT! There was the hat sitting right in front of me. No Way! So I picked up a tonka truck and an original Woody Doll all for 5 buck-a -roonies! Love this picture of my little man, tucking in his Buzz and Woody that night.


5 comments:

paula said...

How cute! I'm super impressed with the cake. Love the story about how you found the Woody doll at the garage sale. My little guy LOVES Toy Story also and I have to admit.....so do I. I totally bawled while watching Toy Story 3 this summer.

Susan Earl said...

Wow, what a fun party! It looks like Asher had a good time and all his dreams came true. You and Shane sure made it fun for your little guy.

Brittany Perkins said...

Everything looks so cute, I can't believe that cake!! and I hear you on garage sales, its my new addiction!!

Jenni and fam said...

I am glad I got to see you at the funeral, even if it was for only a minute. I'm sorry about your grandpa, but its hard to feel too bad when you know he will get to be with Carla right! Your little Ainsley is such a cutie! she is growing up so fast. Your blog posts are great! I hope we'll see each other at the next reunion!

Beth said...

I miss you. How are you? I need to update my blog. 5 weeks without internet is killing me. I am currently sitting at Starbucks. They at least have fun music.