Just Another Day In Paradise

----------------------------

Thursday, October 23, 2008

4th folder 4th picture



Well a tagg has been going around about going to your fourth folder and posting the fourth picture there. This is mine. This is my dad, in the middle, just getting off on his mission. His brother Brian on the left and his cousin Mike Kumar on the right. These guys really looked up to my dad. He was born and raised in the Fiji islands, the first of 6 children. I loved listening to his stories of growing up there, fishing, swimming, feet being so callused that they could walk on the coral. The missionaries came to Fiji and taught my dad and his cousins, brother, and sisters. He went to the L.D.S. high school in Tonga called Liahona High. Then my dad decided to be a missionary too and taught people in Fiji. If any of you have seen the movie, "The Other Side of Heaven" the missionary in that movie, Elder John H. Groberg was my dad's mission president. If you haven't seen the movie it is a great family show that is inspiring and shows the faith and love of the people of the islands. My dad passed away almost nine years ago now. I think of him everyday. I have had many dreams about him or that he has been in, not so many any more, but if there is a time when I am having a struggle or need some encouragement, he will be there for me in a dream. It is so comforting to me to know (I KNOW!) that I will see him again. He will be waiting to welcome me. Wow I didn't think that this would be so emotional to me! Those of you who have not been tagged with this assignment, do it! Ya never know what picture, or memory the fourth one will be!

2 comments:

Bruce and Jeri said...

Shila, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of my dad. I sometimes hope that he is still there helping me on my way. Bruce

Deana said...

I love hearing about your dad. I know that he was a good man and I KNOW, too, that you'll be with him again someday!! Love ya, Deana