Just Another Day In Paradise

----------------------------

Friday, August 8, 2008

8 Hours of Sleep!

Am I dreaming? I don't want to speak too loud and jinx the whole thing but advise from cousin, Heidi and sister-in-law, Deana, has been working! I have been putting Asher to bed a little later and cut out the 12:00am feeding. Now after a week of hard work, he is sleeping 8 hours, then he wakes up to feed and then goes right back to bed usually for another 3 hours or so! Little successes are huge in the land of sleep! Whoooooo Hoooooo! Next hurdle, cutting out the other nursing time, wish me luck.

4 comments:

Jenni and fam said...

Hey! I finally got everyones blog addresses and e-mailed them so you should get them. I can totally feel your pain with the sleeping thing! None of my kids slept for 8 hours straight until they were at least 18 months. Jovi my 2 1/2 year old is just now going into a big bed but she still wakes up 2 or 3 or more times a night. All three of my kids nursed. Halen until 16 months, Boston 14 months and Jovi 15 months. They only nursed at night for the last month or so. So I know how hard it is to cut out those night time feedings and how hard it is when they cry. I couldnt' ever let them cry. I just weaned them to drinking water in a sippy cup. But that didn't help the sleeping so your way sounds better. Good luck.

Rebecca Pierce said...

THat's aweseome, Shila! I love sleeping! I always preferred to feed at midnight and cut the 5AM feeding, so I'd put mine down at 6:30 PM at his age and feed at midnight (because that's when I go to bed, then I'd be good until 7AM or so, when it was time to wake up. I'm glad something is workign for you!

I haven't gotten much work time in on your pics yet, I had a friend come into town on Sunday and she left yesterday. You should get something today!

Anne said...

I am so excited for you! With all that sleep you are getting now, you will probably start to remember what it feels like to be rested and normal. Nice work!

Sam and Heidi said...

Little successes are EVERYTHING! Yay for you. I'm so glad. I've had to work with Reyn a little bit since having been on vacation--vacations are hard. It's like Reyn forgets how things work in a different environment and he needs some reminding. We did some pickup/putdown and it seemed to work fine for a week, and then he was off again. I can only figure that it must be a growth spurt or something. So I've had to wake him up earlier in the morning, so that he naps at the right time, so he can go to bed at a decent hour. They're all interrelated, aren't they. And now, i think we're back on track.
congrats on the sleep.
heidi