Just Another Day In Paradise

----------------------------

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ball and Crawl

Asher said his first word! BALL! Also since we got home from Utah he is non stop crawling all over the place and getting into Trouble! Grabbing cords, messing with the blinds, opening and closing drawers and cupboards! Oh my, I need a nap just thinking about it. Also I have been trying not to feed him at night. He seems to wake up at 12:00 and 4:00 every night, I nurse him and put him back in his crib and he is asleep. So last night, I put him to bed later than usual, he woke up at 2:00 and then I went in and laid him back down. He cried for a while and then nothing. He woke up again later on in the wee hours and went back to sleep again until 6:00am. I fed him then and he went back to sleep for about and hour. Man this is going to be a long road. I am hoping that it will all work out and we will have him sleeping through the night. You heard it right, Asher has never slept through the night and he is almost a year old! Colic, was the diagnosis and nobody knows what sleep deprivation is until they truly have a colic child. He is so different than Alisha was, she was so much easier when it came to sleep. Anyways wish me luck in the comming week or so. I will gladly take any advise that anyone has to give on what worked for them and their children. Thanks in Advance!

1 comment:

Sam and Heidi said...

Wow! You're a trooper. I have to say Reyn is way easy. But my brother's baby, who arrived two months before Reyn was definately a colic baby. My brother and I are both HUGE fans of the Baby Whisperer and her techniques. I know my brother said some things didn't work for them, but obviously some did because his little one sleeps 12 hours every night like clockwork. She has a website: www.babywhisperer.com which is basically forums, but i love her book: SECRETS OF THE BABY WHISPERER: HOW TO CALM, CONNECT, AND COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR BABY. Her shush-pat and pick-up/put-down method worked wonders for us.

Hope you get good sleep soon.
heidi