Just Another Day In Paradise

----------------------------

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!

Hope you all have a Happy Holiday season. Here are some happenings from this year:

*Alisha turned 12 and had a fun "Survivor" birthday party
*Asher turned 3 and had a Toy Story party
*Ainsley turned 1 and had a fun polka dot party
*This summer we all took a trip to Florida for The Garrard (Shane's mom's side) Family reunion
*Grandmommy, Great Gram, Wenonah Lewis passed away and Ainsley and Shila went to Kentucky for the funeral.
*Grandpa Woody Woodbury passed away a week later and Shila and Anil rode down to Utah together to attend the funeral.
*Alisha started Jr. High and is getting good grades. She also started the Young Women's program in church including going to girls camp this summer.
*Shane has gone on many a camp out with the scouts this year as he is a Scout master. He also went to scout camp this year and to his annual trip down to the Utah salt flats for the Speed week with his dad. Where they broke their own land speed record.
*Asher is potty trained! Yippee! (well for the most part) He has done a really good job and I have been impressed with his progress. Thought that it would be harder and take longer than it did!
*Ainsley is keeping up and holding her own with a big brother and sister. She learns new words everyday and loves her baby dolls and making messes, eats well, is a happy girly and a good sleeper!
*Shila pretty much does the same old same old, and is pretty good at it (If I do say so myself). Love crafty things and being creative when I can. I am blessed to have a husband who is great at his job and that allows me to stay home and look at these beautiful children's cute faces all day! One of my favorite things to do is kiss their cheeks, dance with them, sing to them, and feel their arms around my neck! I guess that is a few of my favorite things, but hey, I am entitled to a few right?
Hope all is well with everyone. We are so blessed to be healthy and happy and to be surrounded by family and the gospel. We are grateful for Jesus Christ and for his sacrifices for us. May we all feel the true spirit of Christmas this holiday season!

2 comments:

Anne said...

sounds like a great year Shila. What a good lookin family.

paula said...

I love seeing pics of your family.....your Mom and Shalina...it's been so long. You all look great and happy to be with one another.

I like your 2010 recap-my favorite part: "My favorite things to do are kiss my kids cheeks, dance with them.....etc." It brought tears to my eyes. You are a great momma and although you write about being lucky to have your husband and kids I would have to say....they are mighty lucky to have you too. Happy New Year Shila. I hope it's a great one for you and your cute little family.