
You guys! Baby Mia, our neice who has been waiting for a new heart for 4 months now, is in surgery as we speak! Here is some info straight from John and Mimi's blog. Since I can't put it into my own words.
The heart is in and beating
As of 10:00 the heart is in and beating. It took them an hour to put the heart in and get it beating because at 9:00 they had called to say that she was prepped and that the heart had arrived. Truly amazing. We are so excited. She will be out of surgery in an hour and a half.
Posted by John Boy at 10:26 AM 13 comments
Off to surgery
At 6:15 we wheeled Mia off to surgery. We are so happy, and so nervous. I don't think Mimi is going to be able to go back to sleep, even though she has only gotten 3 hrs. The anxiety.
The surgery will take 5+ hours.
Posted by John Boy at 6:53 AM 34 comments
Update #1
We will try and keep posting as we go through the next few days. Currently Mimi is holding Mia who is sleeping peacefully. A good friend came up and together we gave Mia a blessing. I felt a great peace come over me. Here we will wait as we trade off holding our Mia until some time before 6 a.m.
Francisco is the surgeon currently in flight to get the heart. He will be back in a few hours and we will then be on the road to recovery. Finally!
Yes, I was in a accident on the way over. I was only 5 minutes away from the hospital when a guy made a left hand turn right in front of my. I smashed right into him. I actually had a pleasant experience. I hopped out of the car and informed the other driver "you gotta yield on a green light buddy." He was actually really nice and told the officers the truth. Did have to holler at the gal on the 911 call. She was crazy mean. My truck has minor damage to the front bumper, but the other guys Mitsubishi was mashed. Probably the only time I will ever get in an accident and not care one bit. I did enjoy the irony in those seconds as I was skidding into the guy.
Well, keep the prayers coming and Mia just looks so good and strong today. She is ready. I know that we have had to struggle so that the road ahead will seem easy.
Posted by John Boy at 1:54 AM 8 comments
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Our prayer has been answered



1 comment:
Wow! That is amazing! I can't imagine what they have been going through. What a blessing that they were able to get a new heart for their sweet little baby!
Post a Comment